Wednesday 22 February 2017

WOYWW 403

Hi ya, yep I know, I haven't blogged since beginning of December, later in the post is an explanation if you want to be updated.  But I thought for those who haven't followed I would get straight onto today's fun, it's Wednesday and at last I'm able to play again with woyww (What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday) hosted by the amazing Julia :-)

As you can see by my trolley's, they were neat and tidy but now
getting used to my new arrangement they are being used
a lot, especially for dumping.  I do try!!!!!

Even the sides are being dumped on.  My stencils are under those watercolour
pieces but still need a few bits doing so they are there to remind me lol.

Last year I started a journal purely for colour.  I wanted to check out
colours, not particularly to end up in anything just colours that look
good together plus lots of finger painting, sometimes collage and doodling.
I have let my Fresco Paints go unloved so I have got my colour journal out for one
colour set which I have picked pastels (small piece of paper), I never do pastels.
The other collaged sheet is a loose journal page that I have started
and the colours are the page at the back which I am doing a workshop called
Wing It by Ivy Newport which is only $19 and has been really useful
in showing how to use colour inspiration boards.


Update on what's been happening in life..............................
I haven't blogged since 7th December.  I'm afraid the day after I blogged saying I had loads to show, my dad was rushed into hospital with heart failure.  I didn't get to my computer or craft room at all as my dad is mum's carer and she needed constant care.  It was touch and go with my dad but he finally was released Christmas Eve, he still is poorly but alot better then he was.  I was poorly with stomach flu all through Christmas, then my partner's Aunty died suddenly, our other Aunty who is 99 and in care, Tensy, she has no other family but my partner, was rushed into hospital so we was sorting her out.  She came out and the next day Adrian's dad (if you remember his mum died 22months ago and his father had to be put in a home because of his alzheimer's) well he was suddenly rushed into hospital and I'm afraid after two days they said they couldn't do anything and we spent 4 days in hospital with him day and night until he passed.
So as you can see December was bad and January/February awful.  During some of these times I have been continuing with my art to help me emotionally but blogging was just not an option.  I'm so ready now to continue blogging so lets hope from now on things will be happier and calmer.

Right that is it from me, I will hopefully be back with some more art on Friday this week.  Thank you all so much for taking the time to visit.
Happy Art :-)
Kezzy xxx

8 comments:

glitterandglue said...

Hi Kezzy. Good to have you back - but oh, my word, what a lot you have had to deal with recently. Take care of yourself at this time - give yourself time to build up your strength again.
God bless.
Margaret #6

Dorlene Durham said...

Wow! There's a lot going on and I'm glad you had art to take your mind off things. Hope things get better - take care. Dorlene #39

Helen said...

Hoping the rest of the year is better than the start - what an awful time. Loving the playtime you got before all that though... hope you can get back to it soon! Hugs. Helen #1

Sarah Brennan said...

Sorry for all your loss/upheaval. Here's hoping that the rest of 2017 will be better. Sarah #23

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Kezzy,

Sorry for the so many losses in just a short period of time. I hope going forward in 2017 brings you some joy and happiness.

Your desk looks nice and busy. I noticed the papers in the first photo - did you use alcohol inks to create those? I'm interested in giving that a try.

Happy WOYWW
Peace, Kay (35)

Lindart said...

Wow, you have had a time of it. So sorry about loved ones who have passed, and all the worry that comes along with caring for elderly and sick parents. A lot of people were sick this year over Christmas, my hubby being one of them. At the moment my Mom has the flu, but seems to be handling it OK. Glad you are now able to get back to crafting. Thanks for sharing, Lindart #37

Tracy said...

oh my you have had a time of it, I am sorry you have had such a difficult few months and hope things are a little calmer now. Glad you are able to get some crafting time in and can share with us. Tracy #15

Elizabeth said...

Oh my gosh, Kezzy, you and your family have been through a terrible time so not surprising you haven't been able to blog anything. I hope things improve for you and yours now. Take care. Elizabeth x #30