Monday 7 April 2014

Creative Expressions - Sparkly Texture Paste

Hi all, Yep it's Monday which means it's time for my creation for the Creative Expressions Blog and this week my main image is a new mask from That Special Touch called Beautiful Hibiscus using the gorgeous new Cosmic Shimmer Sparkle Texture Pastes.  I have done a card this week, I know I can't believe that this is the second card in a week (last weeks Easter Card lol).  I have to admit I find cards really difficult to do as I am so used to doing tags, canvases etc but I did last weeks and this weeks projects together lol so it was cheating a bit.  As last week I haven't got many step by step pics but I will go through all the products and as usual highlight the ones from Creative Expressions :-)

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges -
Just Add Ink Challenge Blog - Add Layers
Crafting for all Seasons Challenge Blog - Dies and/or punches (the circle, the sentiment and flowers)
Charisma Cardz Challenge Blog - Anything Goes
Alphabet Challenge Blog - D for Diecuts (circle, sentiment and flowers are die cut)

I never use purple but Distress Dusty Concord really 
went with the Cosmic Shimmer Sparkle Texture Lilac Blush :-)
My card looks bent, not sure why eeeek lol.



The flowers are die cut from the new dies from Sue Wilson (classic rose)




And now for another short step by step this week ...................................

I used Cosmic Shimmer Sparkle Texture Paste Lilac Blush and Aurora Sparkle
through a That Special Touch Beautiful Hibiscus on Creative Expressions Coconut
Card Stock.  I also painted each colour thinly on two pieces of cardstock.

When the painted texture cardstock was dry I cut some flowers
from Creative Expressions Sue Wilson Finishing Touches Classic Rose dies.
On the purple I used Distress Ink Pad Distress Ink Pad Dusty Concord and then
sprayed it with the new Cosmic Shimmer Ink Spary Mist Grape Crush.  And on the
white I sprayed Cosmic Shimmer Mist Pearl and then scrunched each flower.
Then I built two purple flowers and one white, I then spritzed the purple with some of the
pearl mist.

I used Spellbinders Grand Nestabilities Circle & Scallop Circle dies,
and edged with the distress ink, I then spritzed the pearl mist over it to blend
the distress and make it sparkle.


I used another piece of cardstock for matting and used the distress ink and
spritzed pearl mist.  I also did the same to the scallop die cut cardstock.
I coloured some Creative Expressions Gems with Adirondack Alcohol ink Purple Twilight.
I stamped the sentiment from Creative Expressions Hearts and Flowers Perfect Poppy with
Black Archival Jet Black then used Spellbinders Fancy Tags 3 and inked the distress
ink before taking the die off.  Then I put everything together
and added the flowers :-)

Right I better be off, hope you have a crafty Monday and thanks for joining me today.
Happy Crafting :-)
Hugs Kezzy xxxxx

3 comments:

Julie Lee said...

What a gorgeous card. I love the shimmery texture paste and your colour scheme is stunning. Julie Ann xxx

rachel said...

a gorgeous card kerry - I'm a bit of a fan of sparkly paste - and this looks lovely. love those flowers too. Big hugs Rachel xx

Words and Pictures said...

So pretty and glamorous too - lovely work with the shimmery paste.
Alison xx