Monday 3 March 2014

Creative Expressions - 'Scent' sational Shabby Chic Tag

Hi all, it's time to show my creation for the Creative Expressions Blog and this month we are playing with some of Sue Wilson's new Single Stamps for Creative Expressions and they are lush. As always I shall highlight in my step by step the products from Creative Expressions, pop on over there to see who is your local supplier, they also have tutorials and lists of new releases :-)

The main image perfume bottle is by Sue Wilson Crystal Cut and
the sentiment is from Sue Wilson Murano Glass.









And now for step by step ...........

To start with I took a Ranger Tag, tissue paper, Archival Inkpad Jet Black,
Ranger Studio Multi Medium and stamps Creative Expressions Textures and
Alpha Writing.

I stamped on the tissue using no block, and the Archival inkpad, it
is easier to get random stamping while curving the stamp in your palm.
You must heat set the stamping so it will be permanent.

Next paint on multi medium on the tag, add the tissue making
sure it scrunched in areas.

Next paint over the top of tissue and leave to dry.  When dry cut
around the tag to remove excess tissue.

With Eco Green Craft Paint White brayer over the top of the tag,
don't cover everything, you want a really thin layer so you can still see text
in some areas.


Next take Eco Green Craft Paint Rose and repeat the last step
with the brayer.  Add less paint as the white.

While that dries, take a Creative Expressions Ribbon Rose in white,
add Cosmic Shimmer White PVA glue and then sprinkle Cosmic Shimmer Glitter
Jewels Iced Snow, then leave to dry.

Next repeat the brayer technique as earlier using only white
and add less again, so this means you will still see some text and some of
the pink in areas.  I also painted a Creative Expressions Decorative Metal Corner
with the white, I gave it 3 coats to completely cover it.

To add interest use Cosmic Shimmer Watercolours Red Blaze and drip
in area and then move the tag around so it drips in random places.

Next using Cosmic Shimmer Drawing Ink Cherry Glow tap
the brush over the tag to make small splashes. This all helps
to add texture and depth to the tag.

Do the same on the flower.  I didn't use the pins in the end :-)

Using the script from Creative Expressions Texture Stamp Set,
stamp in areas with Archival Inkpad Rose Madder.

I wanted a pink wax but I didn't have any.  Using Creative Expressions
Metallic Gilding Wax in Pearl moon and Deep red, scrape some on 
a non stick mat, and then add a droplet of Creative Expressions Solvent Blending
Solution, keep mixing to make a nice pink colour.

It turned into a really nice vintage rose pink :-)

After highlighting the tag edges with the pink wax, stick to a page
from the Creative Expressions Teresa Collins Patterned Paper Pad
and cut around leaving a border, then sew around the edges and 
add wax to the outside edges.

I used some pink seam binding and sewn it to some lace, I also
added the pink wax to the flower and corner.

I then added the ribbon and the flower to the tag, that way I wouldn't loose them lol.

Next I stamped the image from Sue Wilson Crystal Cut Single Stamp with
Archival jet black onto book paper and then painted it with Cosmic Shimmer
Watercolours Red Blaze and Lava Red.  I then sewn around the edges and
ripped the image out, I added the pink wax and then used the Archival Rose
Madder Inkpad to edge again over the wax.

I didn't have any of the Creative Expressions Adhesive Swirl Gems so
I used the Creative Expressions small Pearl Gems to mimic the 
swirls coming from the image.

I liked how the Rose Madder inkpad gave a darker edge with the image
so I went over the pearls, the edge of the corner and the top of the flower with
the inkpad.

Next I used the Glitter Jewels randomly over the tag, just adding dots of glue as
I didn't want many.

Next I took the sentiment from the Sue Wilson Murano Glass Single stamp,
I actually decided to cut the words out as I tend to use sentiment stamps
that way, but they come together attached so no worries lol.  I stamped
the words on the Teresa Collins paper that was left over with Archival black,
then edged with the wax and then the pink inkpad.

Wow hope you managed to get this far lol.  Hope you enjoyed the tutorial, any questions just let me know and I will try and answer them.
Happy Crafting :-)
Hugs Kezzy xxxxx

3 comments:

rachel said...

stunning background Kerry - brilliant xx

Julie Lee said...

I love what you did with the tissue on this. I also love the sewing. I really want to incorporate sewing into my projects very very much, but my daughter is never around long enough to give me a tutorial on her machine and I can't find the instructions! The book text with the stamping on top looks great too! What a gorgeous, shimmery, multi-layered tag this is! Julie Ann xxx

Words and Pictures said...

Definitely one for the boudoir dressing table - so frilly, froufrou and feminine... delicious! Love the bottle stamped on the book page of course, and all the fabric and shimmer - so glamorous!
Alison x