Sunday 17 November 2013

Paperartsy Inspiration with Joanne Wardle

Hi all, just nipping on to show you my entry for the Paperartsy Inspiration Challenge and this week the absolutely amazing designer is Joanne Wardle, her simple yet gorgeous cards are truly inspirational.  I'm always admire simple cards but never can do them but this week I totally enjoyed playing with Jo Firth-Young stamp set JOFY03, and the technique is so simple but the card I think is really on trend and fantastic.  These are off to my nephew in China tomorrow, they are identical, one for him and his girlfriend and one for his girlfriend and him!!!! they will be working tomorrow and live around 1hour flight away from each other so they won't be together for Christmas so I wanted to give identical cards so they can have one in each of their houses :-)

All the details that I used are at the bottom of the page :-)
I used a Polychromas pencil for the shading.
Isn't the London Bus a gorgeous red and the star is a mix
of tango and yellow submarine.

Some close ups, I love
how you can stamp once on the red, then green and
the opposites make two cards :-)

I did the shading as when I stamped the star
it ended a bit double so the shading hides it,
but I actually love the effect :-)

Right I shall be off, I will be back tomorrow morning with my Creative Expressions post, then on Tuesday I have my crackle products tutorial finally finished :-).
Happy Crafting :-)
Hugs Kezzy xxxxx

Recipe
Paperartsy Fresco Paints - chocolate pudding, tango, yellow submarine, london bus, tinned peas
Paperartsy Smoothy paper
Paperartsy Stamps - JOFY 03
Archival jet black ink pad
Faber-Castell - Polychromas - warm grey IV

12 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Love your bright and breezy tree - what a great take on all the amazing inspiration this week!
Alison x

Darcy Marshall said...

This turned out great, and yes the shading around the edge works really well to push the image forward.

mixamatoasties said...

That's gorgeous Kezzy! Love it.

Susan x

Sarah B said...

really lovely ! xx

joanne wardle said...

Oh perfect. You totally got what I was trying to do with that technique. And the tree is the perfect stamp to use with the technique.

laury55 said...

wonderful...love that stamp

Julie Lee said...

Really effective, Kezzy! You certainly 'rocked' CAS with this make! I just ran out of time to join in, but it's been lovely catching up with everyone else's. Julie Ann xx

Lucy Edmondson said...

This works brilliantly, Kezzy!

Lucy x

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Kezzy,

What cute cards! I think the star image did it's thing on purpose - because it definitely adds some fun to the card!!

Peace,
Kay

Etsuko said...

Beautiful card, the shading is nice and colours is cute.

rachel said...

great work Kerry - fab make xx

craftytrog said...

Gorgeous cards Kerry! The shading looks fab!
Alison x