Sunday 10 November 2013

Painty, Inky large canvas just for me!!!!

Hi all, wow at last I think I have finally caught up with all my DT commitments which means I can finally have a play myself plus catch up with everybody, thank you all for being patient with me, I shall be catching up with all your blogs I promise :-)
So today is the new challenge over at That Craft Place Challenge Blog which is Sentiments.  Well this was right up my street lol as I decided to have a really painty session and I did a 12by12 canvas, my very first lol, and I have done a step by step as well for you all, hope you enjoy :-)
I would like to enter the following challenges -
Charisma Cardz Challenge Blog - Anything Goes
Crafts 4 Eternity Challenge Blog - Anything But A Card
Craft-Room Challenge Blog - Stencils and Masks
Creative Craft Challenges 2 Blog - It's Only Words
Try It On Tuesday Challenge Blog - Colour Explosion

I so love this sentiment :-)






To start with I got loads of bits and bobs out.
The canvas is a 12"by12", one I first tried using it around 3 years ago
I made a complete mess, so then I resprayed it but you could
still see the edge so it got left in the cupboard until now :-)

I started with some paper scraps

Which I stuck down in complete random order

Next gesso, which I put on thick and thin in different areas.

Next I sprayed Dylusions through a stencil

Then another stencil

Then I got a brush and spread out the spray

same again, using sprays and stencils

spreading out again (I know it looks a mess by this stage lol)

Next I added a doily and book paper and spread some gesso around as well.

Next more sprays and dribbles

Next as mask of a person which I used black paint.

I know she is floating but I sort that out later lol

some background stamping

paint through stencils

Next I put the person stencil back and used white paint to stamp
some text.

Now at this stage I like what I had so I used some spray varnish.
Now for some reason, this particular spray varnish you can spray
on dylusions or distress and it doesn't run or react with it, how fab
is that.  Also now my canvas is permanent for more paint to go on top 
which won't react with what I already have, also if you 
make a mistake you can wipe it away :-)

Next stamping with some paint

more stamping with paint

I also did some more stamping with different colour ink pads and also
sorted out my person (me!!!) from floating.  
The next step was adding paint circles and lines hence whats on top lol

Just randomly adding painty circles and lines

Next more stamping, it's all about the layers :-)

I then painted some card in black and when it was dry I added
multi medium gloss over the top to give it the varnish look like some of the canvas.

I stamped the verse and cut out to add to the canvas.

Now your probably wondering why I have this picture,
this is the after, as long as you leave on a damp baby wipe or cloth
you can then go and clean the paint off, I used a tooth brush (old!!!!)
with some soap and gently scrub.  
I'm hoping show you this picture will assure you that
if you take care the paint doesn't ruin the stamps or masks,
so why not give it a go :-)

Right I shall be off, it's time for bed :-).  I shall be back tomorrow (sometime before midday!!!), with my Creative Expressions DT creation, you so want to pop back for this as it's got lots and lots of step by steps lol, (it will take me all morning to sort the pictures out lol).
Happy Crafting :-)
Hugs
Kezzy xxxxx

Recipe
12"by12" canvas
Basic Grey (out of print patterned paper)
Pebeo Matt Gel
Claudine Hellmuth - multi medium gloss and gesso
Dylusion Sprays - campso teal, fresh lime, cherry pie, squeezed orange
Masks/stencils - Tim Holtz (dot fade, bubble), Crafters Workshop (mini cosmic bubbles, mini scallop flowers, mini well rounded, mini casey & penelope), Dylusions (letter jumble)
Doily and book paper
Stamps - Indigo Blu (little voice, itsy bitsy backgrounds), Tim Holtz (ultimate grunge, mixed media, psychedelic grunge), Dylusions (around the edge), Paperartsy (HP1102, ELB04, ELB02, mini 44)
Versamark
Cosmic Shimmer (detail embossing powder true white)
Inkpads - Archival (jet black, vermillion, olive, monarch orange, french ultramarine, viridian)
Paints - Eco Green Paints - blue sky, white, black, sunflower, orange, lime, eggplant), Kaisercolour (red, hot pink), Paperartsy Fresco (inky pool)
Crafters Companion varnish spray

18 comments:

ddazzled71 said...

Great project Kezzy, I love the mix of stencils and bright colors. The black of your sentiments and main image ground all of this beautifully. xx

Debi said...

Brilliant Kezzy, love the vibrant colours and all the layers, thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room Challenge, Debi x

Claudia N. said...

A fantastic canvas, Kezzy!

Love the depth you created and all the gorgeous detail! What a stunning and joyful creation - and that sentiment is really cool ;)

Thank you for sharing with us at TIOT!

Claudia x

Tracy said...

Love love love this Kezzy, I can see why you love the sentiment so much xxx

Evil Edna said...

wow that is wonderful, so colourful and inspiring, thank you for sharing at TIOT, love he sentiment!EE

Julie Lee said...

What a vibrant and exciting piece of art! I love the sentiment!!! Also the step by steps are great! This is very 'you', Kezzy! I love it! Julie Ann xxx :D

Amanda said...

Kezzy this is Beautiful!! I love everything about it and your tutorial is great too. One day I hope to get to play like this.
Big Hugs Amanda x

rachel said...

fabulous work Kerry love it all and thanks so much for doing a step by step! Big Hugs! Rachel xx

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely artsy canvas Kerry love the pop of colours and the silhouette is a fabulous touch as is the text. Tracy x

Words and Pictures said...

Magnificent - what colours and drama... and so fabulous to see all the stages of the process. Love the sentiment!
Alison x

Mervi said...

Wow you have had a wonderful time to make this. It's stunning creation.
Thanks for sharing at Craft-Room, welcome again;-))m

Melanie said...

A lovely creation!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "It’s only Words” challenge & good luck in the draw…
Hope to see you again in our next challenge.

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT Creative Craft Challenges)

Ellie Knol said...

Thanks for joining us at TIOT with this colourful project!
xxx Ellie xxx

having a {me} day said...

WOW! What a fabulous canvas! So much detail and I love all the colour. Thanks for the step-by-step tutorial. Thanks for joining us at c4e. keeley

Emma said...

Lovely project, thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week x

paper fun said...

Awesome project and tutorial. You make it look so easy.

Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity.

Mari

Alexa said...

What a great project and I love the tutorial that you have done. Really like that as it helps others to have a go too at some of the techniques. Well done - its FAB!! Thank you for sharing it with us at TioT! x

Jez said...

Congratulations on being chosen for the top five in TIOT - well deserved, it's so interesting and colourful.