Sunday 18 August 2013

Paperartsy - Sewing Tag

Hi all, it's time for our new challenge over at That Craft Place Challenge Blog which is Stitching real or faux. Now as you know over at Paperartsy Blog they have weekly designers, but during August they are also having special guests and yesterday it was the amazing Liz Borer and she did an absolutely stunning Sewing themed creation which I have based this project on.  I wasn't sure what to do for the DT challenge and I was really in a Paperartsy zone that I didn't want to wonder away.  Then when Liz did her project I was so inspired I just had to have go, especially as I have most of the Paperartsy sewing stamps.  Liz won 2012 Craft Stamper Magazine competition last year, she doesn't have a blog, but if she did I would definitely be subscribing.  I was very lucky to meet her last year at Artsycrafts, I had gone on my own and she soon took me under her wing.  I will never forget as well, if it wasn't for her on the second day I would have been oozing all over my projects, as just before I went I burnt my finger badly on the hot glue gun, well by the second day it was oozing and I was struggling and she had some antibiotic cream and voila it started to heal.  I hope one day you get to meet her, she is truly fantastic lady :-)

All details of what I used are at the end of the post
plus how I coloured the fabric with
my Fresco paints :-)






I made the button out of clay, it was something
I had done awhile ago, I used the mould making from 
Ranger and used an old decorated metal button.
Then I painted it with Fresco snowflake.
Then a few months later voila lol, bit of very berry and
some treasure gold :-)




When I started stamping on the cream calico fabric it looked 
so flat, so I used Fresco very berry with lots and lots of water, I also
sprayed the fabric with water.  Now I love using my distress inks to get the
splodges using them with water on my craft mat.
I decided to have a go with Fresco, I semi dried the now pinky fabric,
then I added some more very berry on my mat, and used less
water, then I dipped another mat into it and then splattered this down
in areas.  I was really pleased with it.

I then decided it needed to be a bit lighter so I did it
again but with vintage lace (I need some more it's almost run out Noooooooo!!)

And this is the fabric dry, I really really like
the texture that the splodging made :-)

Right I shall be off, think I need to craft more lol.  Hope you have a fantastic Sunday :-)
Hugs Kezzy xxxxx

Recipe
Paperartsy stamps - HP1216, HP1211. HP1215, HP1213, Mini 44, Mini 20
Paperarsy Fresco paint - Chocolate pudding, crackle glaze (need more of this as well lol), vintage lace and very berry.
Archival inkpad - coffee and rose madder
Distress ink pads - victorian velvet, gathered twigs
Tresure gold - rose quortz
Calico fabric
Wadding
Thread, embellishments 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is gorgeous, all the different textures look great.

Gillian .... said...

Kezzy your sewing trio tag looks fantastic, so many details incorporated from the crackle to the stitching to the fabric elements. Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us. x

PaperArtsy said...

FLIPPIN HECK.

THAT IS A DOOZY OF A PROJECT!!!

ADORE!

MUCHLY

Helen said...

I can't believe I missed this when I was looking at all the PA entries - maybe it's because there are so many this week! I absolutely love these tags - what a complete triumph!!

jojo79 said...

Love your project and your use of the material.

Jo

Belinda Basson said...

This is fi-nom-i-nal! I LOVE it, time to get the sewing machine out I think!

Julie Lee said...

Kezzy, this is just stunning! Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!! O I can't begin to comment on all I love about it! The corsets are terrific and I so love your handmade button too. This is wonderfully inspiring - so many fabulous little details! Julie Ann xx

rachel said...

so much to look at Kezzy - this is amazing - love it xx

craftimamma said...

What a stunning trio of tags Kezzy! Fabulous colour combo and so much attention to detail. Gorgeous!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Words and Pictures said...

What a wonderful triptych... the crackle background is amazing, and the stitched border give it such brilliant extra detailing. Amazing work with the fabrics too - fabulous!
Alison x