Sunday 25 August 2013

Paperartsy Inspiration

Hi all, just popping on to show you what I played with this morning, over at Paperartsy Blog it's birthday month and there has been loads of designers including fantastic projects from Carol Quance and my project this morning is based on Lin Browns awesome creation yesterday evening.

Details of what I used at bottom of page :-)





I am in the middle of a DT application and I had done my
main bits but I couldn't decide which colour went with what I had done.
I asked my daughter, I had chosen mocha mousse to go over the chocolate pudding
but it still wasn't right, luckily I hadn't put it on yet lol.
She told me to mix the claret and lighten it with white,
but instead I lightened it with vintage lace.
So this is mocha mousse, claret and vintage lace mix
together, it does look lighter then this in real life but I couldn't get a 
decent picture without showing the almost finished piece lol.

Right gotta go as it finishes in 15 mins, but I really enjoyed my playing, I have been unable to participate all week as I spent lots of time visiting colleges (she has got into the one she wants to get into and they are going to give her loads of support with her dyslexia), then working as we are on hols on Tuesday for a week (I am taking my phone for internet so I don't miss the last week of Paperartsy birthday month lol), and planning the project above.  I have more posts to finish, the tutorial and two more projects I'm hoping to write up lol.
Lots of hugs, have a fab bank holiday weekend
Kezzy :-) xxxxx

Recipe
Tim Holtz arch frame and size arches dies
Paperartsy Fresco paints - pesto, snowflake, sky, pansy, eggplant, baltic blue, inky pool.
Paperartsy stamps - ELB01 - secret garden (I covered the s at the end of secret), HP1005 (grasses), Mini 44 (script), Mini 67 (flowers)
Paperartsy chipboard (lush) - ES03
Treasure gold - rose quartz
flower sequin waste
Paperartsy grunge paste
Faber Castel - purple violet, blue violet, cadmium yellow, emerald green
Paperartsy - smooth paper
Seed beads and thread
Archival jet black ink pad

5 comments:

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is fab, Kezzy. I love what you have done with Lin's ideas and made them your own,

Lucy x

PaperArtsy said...

Ohh great texture, and that colour you mixed!! WHO KNEW!!

It's amazing the colours you can make!

Carol Q said...

Love this Kezzy. What a different colour combo for your crackle and it works do well. Great background to your flowers as well, it gives depth to the whole piece. Good luck with your DT application

Julie Lee said...

Really lovely Kezzy! I hope your playing brought you lots of joy; it certainly resulted in a lovely end product! I find that asking my daughter's opinion often helps me. Good luck with the DT application; fingers crossed! Julie Ann xx

Words and Pictures said...

Ooh, that frame looks fabulous with the gilded texture, and it's an amazing colour. Altogether yummy.
Alison x