Saturday 10 August 2013

Paperartsy Inspiration

Hi all, hope your all well.  I have had a couple of days crafting, I have been doing 3 projects that I was inspired by Paperartsy Inspiration in which the designer this week has been Sue Carrington and wow her projects has been amazing.  Also Paperartsy is celebrating 10 years this August and wow you need to go over there and see what's been happening, not only are there the usual designers, but also extras.  Each day there has been a post, some with new goodies, a video from Leandra every Saturday of August, but there are going to be lots more.  Also you need to pop on over to their shop as only on a Monday they are selling surprise boxes where the RRP is way more then what you pay.  Please have a look, you will be so inspired.

All crafty ingredients at the bottom of post :-)


I hand painted hearts with Fresco london bus, I knew
it wouldn't show up much and initially I was going
to go around them in black, but then decided
I liked the hidden look :-)

The door handles are jewellery clasps!!! painted
with my new favorite Fresco chocolate pudding which I got
new yesterday lol

The hinge has pearls that have been covered in
treasure gold, I did this as I wanted to stick the hinges down
so didn't want to use a brad, so I improvised :-)


For the inside I was using smoked paprika for the middle, then 
some brown shed and I needed a darker colour,
I looked at my chart (which I printed off from the Paperartsy
shopping side oops not sure if you can do that lol but it's
really useful) and it says cinnamon which I haven't got so
that is definitely on my list, I think I have most of them now lol.
So I have some finished bottles (I'm on my 4th bottle of snowflake
as that's all I use now for everything, even when mixing dylusion sprays etc,
I haven't used anything else since my first experience with it when
I did the Tim Holtz/Paperartsy day).  Erm where was I oh yes lol,
so I mixed brown shed and blood orange, and this is what
I got, errrrr lots of it so .........

I used one of my spare bottles, and scooped it in, voila.
Should last until my next spending spree :-)

Right I shall be off, I have another almost finished, just popping the last bits on project for this challenge, so shall be back in the morning with it.  I have another one but don't think I will get it finished in time, but that's ok as I have done a oriental theme and I am not going to rush it as I really like it.  So that will probably be in the middle of the week lol.  Hope you have a lovely rest of the weekend.  Happy Crafting :-) Hugs Kezzy xx

Recipe
Tim Holtz Sizzix arch and sized arch
Paper artsy Fresco - crackle, stone, mocha mousse, chocolate pudding, french roast, smoked paprika, brown shed, blood orange, sky, london bus, claret.
Paperartsy Grunge Paste
Paperartsy stamps - LPC004 and Clocks 1 (script)
Paperartsy dies - hardware
Fabric
Stencils - Wendy Vecchi (brick wall), Crafters Workshop (mini harlequin)
Treasure gold - renaissance
Lace, pearls, charm, ribbon

7 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Fabulous triptych, Kezzy. Love the bold tinting of the central image, and your outer walls look amazing. Have a lovely Sunday!
Alison x

rachel said...

this is so cool kezzy - love it - the outside is so like the paperartsy one - amazing - fabulous work xx

Gillian .... said...

Beautiful inspired piece Kezzy, love the brick effect and love the pops of blue in the stencilled design. Thanks for joining in our GD challenge.

ionabunny said...

Love the outside. It looks so ahh....stoney. Fantastic effect

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is absolutely wonderful, Kezzy. Love the stone effect,

Lucy x

Julie Lee said...

Really, really fab! I love this sooo much!!! Sorry I'm a bit late commenting, but life has been rather busy! Gorgeous colours and textures and images on this! Once again - fabulous! Julie Ann xx

Julie Lee said...

Really, really fab! I love this sooo much!!! Sorry I'm a bit late commenting, but life has been rather busy! Gorgeous colours and textures and images on this! Once again - fabulous! Julie Ann xx