Sunday 18 August 2013

Paperartsy Inspiration - The Sun ....................

Hi all, just popping on to show you my entry for the Paperartsy Inspiration Challenge and my entry is based on France Papillons beautiful frame.  I loved how she did the grunge paste circle and I knew immediately that I wanted to do a sun :-)

I initially wanted to shade around the sun
in black, well that was a huge mistake lol, 
I ended up have to repaint all around the area.
It looks patchy on here but it really is lovely in real life.
I wanted the whole canvas to be about the sun so
to reflect the sun on the flowers I used a shimmer spray.
Further down I show you how I did my squiggly lines :-)



I wanted some wiggly lines and wonder how I would go about it,
then I had the idea would it work in a shringe .............

It worked a treat and as long as you rinse it out straight
away then it can be used again next time.
I think it would go solid if I left it in there so I thought I better
not try as I only have one shringe left lol

I wanted my lines squiggly but you could do straight lines.
When I was using my oil pastels I didn't like the lines on top of the circle
so I took a sharp knife and it came off really well.

Right I had better go and clean up lol.  Hope your Sunday is crafty, I am planning on giving my craft room a good duster and hoover as seriously it needs it after this week.  Then I am going to step away from my craft room and do some catching up with blogging as there is some great makes I want to comment on.
Lots of Hugs
Kezzy xxxxx

Recipe
Paperartsy grunge paste
Paperartsy Fresco paints - pumpkin soup, london bus, smoked paprika, hey pesto, beach hut, tinned peas, hyde park, guacamole, zesty zing, haystack.
Paperartsy stamps - ELB01, ELB02, ELB03, mini 44
Treasure gold - renaissance
Portfolio oil pastels, red orange, orange, yellow, yellow orange.
Tim Holtz - tissue wrap
Tim Holtz - make your own mask - I used Spellbinders circle
Cosmic shimmer mist - rich gold

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kezzy, that is really beautiful, the texture on the sun is fab.

Lin said...

Gorgeous Kezzy !!!

Gillian .... said...

Holy moly Kezzy, you are having so much fun this week.The sun looks totes amazeballs, the syringe application worked brilliantly, such a beautiful piece of art. Huge thanks again. x

sam21ski said...

Oooh clever you, the syringe idea worked out great, before I saw it I thought you'd embedded a piece of string into the GP.

Fab bold colours and great sun!!

Sam xxx

Helen said...

what a great idea to use a syringe... I keep meaning to get hold of one (or several!) to use... Love your sun.

ionabunny said...

Lovely sunny piece. Great colours and I love your shimmery flowers

PaperArtsy said...

Brilliant. GP thru the syringe is amazeballsinly mental!

Julie Lee said...

Wow! What a great idea for doing the squiggly lines! I have to dig out the syringes! This is such a beautiful canvas. It really is full of sunshine - beautiful! Julie Ann xx

rachel said...

this is fabulous and the squigly lines look fab - very clever xx

craftimamma said...

What a wonderful idea Kezzy and didn't it work well! Brilliant take on France's technique and a beautiful project to end with.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for this. I can't tell you how much guilt it alleviates. Maya With Sail Boat

Pia S said...

This is something totally different from what I would able to make, and I do love this style! Great job!

craftytrog said...

Wow! This is fabulous Kerry! Love how you used a syringe, great idea!
Gorgeous colours too!
Alison xxx

Words and Pictures said...

What a great make - love the glowing turquoise on the tissue wrap sky, and your squiggly sun is inspired! Just brilliant...
Alison x

Chris said...

Fantastic piece of art Kezzy and I love your textures and gorgeous rich colours! Chris x