Tuesday 5 February 2013

3 Hearts

Hi all, this should have been up on Sunday but life got in the way lol.  So it's time for our new challenge over at That Craft Place Challenge Blog which is White on White with the option of a splash of colour.  Now over at the Frilly and Funky Challenge Blog they have a challenge saying Spruce it up, so I have had this wood hanging just laying around so I though why not have a go, but I have to admit, not sure I should have done it with a challenge of white on white lol. I would also like to enter it into the Fashionable Stamping Challenge which their challenge is Show some love.

I painted the wood with Fresco paint london bus, then used fresco
crackle and then covered it with Fresco paint snowflake.  I wanted
it to only show in areas as I noticed it looked too red, so I dry brushed
white in areas to take some of the crack away.  Then I used
sparkle medium through some sequin waste and added clear glass micro
beads to add texture.  I also stamped a few swirls and embossed them in 
white for more texture.  By this time the string hanging looked too
off white so I covered it with picket fence distress stain.

The hearts were made of clay, the white ones where stamped with
an uninked flourish, and then the red I used brilliance inkpad and 
stamped into the clay.  The little hearts I added a whole before cooking
so I could hang from the bottom.  They all had a coat of varnish and the
works were stamped on card, cut up and glued on (really fiddley lol)

Right I shall be off, hope you all have a lovely evening.  I'm planning on some crafting :-) just a play.
Happy Crafting :-)
Hugs Kerry xxx

Recipe
Beads
Clay white
Brilliane - rocket red & moonlight white
White embossing powder
Sparkle medium
Creative expressions micro glass beads
Distress stain picket fence
Crafty Individuals swirl stamp
Ideology (thingys to hang beads off lol lol)
Alphabet stamps
All above can be found at That Craft Place

9 comments:

Jenny Marples said...

What a fabulous makeover for your piece of wood. Love this, especially those clay hearts. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Hugs, Jenny x

Annie said...

This is so pretty Kerry.
Hugs,
A x

Donna Gibson said...

Very beautiful! I love the clay hearts! I don't do much with clay but you make it look easy so I might give it a try! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Frilly and Funkie!

Dawn said...

this is really cool!

Carol said...

Super make over. Loving the clay hearts and that splash of vivid red relly makes it
Hugs Carol xx

Words and Pictures said...

These are very cool, Kerry! Love that wood board hanging...
Alison x

Twiglet said...

Great project there Kezzy!

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous project, so pretty and full of wonderful texture. Thanks for sharing some love at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
Hugs Brenda xox

Desire Fourie said...

Kezzy this is a gorgeous little love wall hanging.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}