Wednesday 23 May 2012

2 Sisters Challenge Blog showcase Wednesday and Creative Card Crew - Dimension

Hi all, it's Wednesday and time for me to show some more inspiration for our current challenge over at 2 Sisters Challenge Blog which is Stars.  I would like to enter my card into the challenge over at Creative Card Crew challenge blog which is Dimension.  I went with a western theme for my card as the image I decided to use seemed very western like even though it was a dog!!!  I certainly added lots of dimension on this card, I really love adding depth but sometimes if you have to post your card you need it flatter, well this card wasn't actually made for anyone so I could go to town as they say lol.  The background is a faux wooden technique, I used manilla card stock (cheap manilla folders), then I used butterscotch, latte, espresso and snowcap swiping them over the card in that order, next I added the lines and dots then embossed it with Tim Holtz burlop embossing folder.



Right I better go, I want to do my woyww post next before getting on with some work yuk.  Thanks for looking :-) Kezzy xxx

Recipe
Image - Meljens (get along little doggy)
Inkpads - Adirondack (snowcap, espresso, latte, butterscotch), Archival (coffee)
Fiskars star punch
Gold brads, string, brown gems, gold mirror board
Stamps - Banana Frog (de louisville alphabet, what a star)
Sizzix Tim Holtz (burlop embossing folder)
Colouring - Promarkers (lipstick red, poppy, crimson, slate, cocoa, cool grey 4 & 5) Flexmarkers (firebrick, rosewood, auburn, saddle brown, blue grey 3)

No comments: