Wednesday 18 April 2012

WOYWW 150

Hi all, it's woyww and I'm late again, want to show your desk, wondering what the hype is about then pop on over to Julia's brilliant blog who brings us crafter's together. I'm late as I have spent this evening baking cupcakes with the kids, this is our first time we tried gluten free, all I can say is that, we didn't quite expect them to rise as much has they did, it looked like something from the horror film blog, trying to escape through the oven door!!!!  My desk hasn't changed much, just more bits on bobs on dumping desk and a pile of images I need to colour for various cards I need to do.  I'm trying to take my colouring further, now I am a promarker, flexmarker girl, I also have a tria marker which is a darker grey to do black hair.  I can't decide if I'm using my colours wrong or there is a limit to promarkers but I feel that the colours are not close enough to get a good blend.  I don't really want to try starting from beginning to collect copics, but wondering if I should start getting a few, especially the skin tones.  Also I see some fantastic colouring artists on woyww using pencils as well, now I have the full set of Faber-Castell polychromos pencils (in pic) and not sure how they do it.  So I would love if any woyww'ers could give me some tips :-). Right pictures


In my frustration, I have dumped my yellows and oranges
to see if I can work out good blending.  Think I might
have to put them back and leave that for another day
after I see what woywwers say, and also
I really have to get these images coloured :-)


Stamps that I'm using, new ribbon still out and a pile
of card blanks that I have spent the last
few days doing, for some DT work.

Right that's my photos, not much done, but a lot to do so hopefully a lot to show over the next few days. Hope you all have a fantastic crafty week. Sorry it was a long post, shall be told off oops sorry. Thanks for looking :-) Kezzy xxx

16 comments:

Annie said...

The cup cakes sounded fun...you should have snapped a pic to show us :-)
Hugs,
A x #19

jill said...

thanks for sharing your work desk, i have'nt got any promarkers , but have heard so many wonderful things about them . Happy crafting Jill #62

Hazel said...

I started with copics and love, love them. I also now have quite a few promarkers - I do enjoy using these, but still prefer my copics, especially for blending - thanks for allowing us to have a peep - Hazel, WOYWW #85 x

Unknown said...

I only have a few promarkers and haven't really got into using them (I'm a bit of a painting girly!!). I've heard lots about Copics too, so would love to know what people think too! Thanks for sharing and hope the cupcakes were yummy Liz no 141

Unknown said...

I only have a few promarkers and haven't really got into using them (I'm a bit of a painting girly!!). I've heard lots about Copics too, so would love to know what people think too! Thanks for sharing and hope the cupcakes were yummy Liz no 141

May said...

Love my promarkers... got tooooo many...fabulous desk, Have a agood week, Hugs May x x x No2

Amanda said...

Fab crafty space lots of interesting stuff to look at. I am a copic fan myself although I have tried prismas, pro markers etc but until i tried copics I wasn't hooked on colouring now I can't stop. Wish I could have seen the cupcakes. Hugs Amanda #146

CraftygasheadZo said...

I think the key is practice, I use all of the pens, pro/flexmarkers, copics. I find I get better results if I start with the lightest colour all over then add the next etc, with light pressure, sometimes if I'm heavy handed it all bleeds. So for a face I might use ivory, then just go round edge (cheeks, under hair line) with satin, then use ivory to just go over edge of satin to blend. I also let layers dry before I add more. Then I add my darkest tone around edge last and blend with mid tone. Hope that makes sense and is of some help, if not just ignore me! Take care & enjoy this weeks WOYWW snoop, I'm still nosing! Zo xx17

trisha too said...

Not much done, but much doing, right?

:)trisha
#139

Lisa said...

keep on blending and when you've cracked it, please tell me how lol,
thanks for sharing

Lisa #112
xx

Julia Dunnit said...

You so won't be told off!! There are abound to be good advice videos on you tube about all the pens...and then as you say, there are WOYWWers with more experience than could fill you tube! You seem busy to me, you say not much done ...but a c are creeping out of the oven is a great start!

That Craft Place Ltd said...

Hi Kerry
Great Desk!!! Love my polychromos!!!!
and those cupcakes are looking interesting..... mmmmm
Lisa xx

lisa said...

Hi Kezzy. You look very busy there.
Sounds like you have already got some good advice from the WOYWWers for colouring. I found it really hard to start with but actually seeing a tutorial from an expert colourer helped me. I think it's all about knowing what colours to use and like Julia said there are some excellent tutorials on the web if you have a nosey.
Happy WOYWW
Hugs Lisax #69

DesignerDiva said...

Hi Kerry just popped over to thank you for the lovely comment and answer your question re the nestie for my mini card. I use the biggest of the scallop circles (regular nestie not greand) for the outside shape then the biggest of the small circles and the 2nd biggest of the regular circles - does that make any sense to you? I've just read it and it doesn't make a lot of sense to me! lol
Just been reading about your daughters coeliac, my eldest son was diagnosed 22 years ago now when he was 2 and a half. I used to buy gluten free pizza bases and take them to pizza hut and they would make him a pizza out of that so he would feel the same as his siblings.
HUgs Laurie xx

PS
I'm so pleased your workdesk looks just like mine!

kay said...

fab busy desk,can imagine those cupcakes taking over the kitchen :)
i love my promarkers and am still learning,but practising lots help and a decent coated card makes a big difference,i use rymans white coated card
playing catch up
happy woyww
kay #51

Lisa-Jane said...

I'm new to Promarkers and colouring too (never thought I would be saying that at 38!!) and I keep being told to practise and watch You Tube demos. Happy Belated WOYWW #45