Thursday 1 December 2011

Lili of the valley - challenge 123 - Anything but a Christmas card

Hi to all, over at Lili of the valley challenge blog the challenge is Anything but a Christmas card, which is great for me, as I didn't finish this card in time for last weeks anything goes, and seems its a birthday card I was really happy when I checked the challenge this morning.  I'm really trying to learn shading and I think I'm slowly getting there, I just need to dare myself to go a little darker lol.  Also I used my marianne creatables to have another go at trying to roll the flowers and still couldn't get them right as shown below, but now I have sussed it me things lol.  Details of what are used are at the end. :-)
Side view (trying harder to make my pics stand out)
The next pic is how I'm trying to blend and practise shading whilst also doing the main image.

Below my first attempt of flowers (they were awful lol)

The pic below shows a close up of how I got them in the end

and the final pic, showing how I did them, basically I used a quilling tool then just let it go (happy accident) and it didn't fall out all over the place, it just loosened and was ready to stick together.  You probably all know this but I just wanted to share if someone was also having problems.

Thanks for sharing.  Kezzy xxx

Recipe
Card and Paper - Woodware (ribbed kraft card), GC Studios (ella blue patterned paper pad), Rymans (smooth bright white card which I stamped on, fantastic for blending), Doilies.
Dies - Spellbinders (nestabilities labels four small), Marianne Creatables (LR0163), Sizzlets (funky brush alphabet and heart, and heart stars & tags), Go Kreate (half XXL square frame frilly #2, sizzlets corner accent, Whimsy stamps (celebration pennants)
Stamps - Lili of the Valley (coffee break), The Stamp man (aspects of design fancy flourishes and dragon flydreams which I think is stamped inside the card), Whimsy Stamps - celebration pennants.
Ink pads - Adirondack (hazelnut and aqua), Archival (jet black), Memento (tuxedo black)
Colouring - Promarkers (antique pink, tan, cinnamon, burnt sienna, cocoa, powder blue, artic blue, putty, saffron, oatmeal.  Flexmarkers (glacier blue and watermelon), Letraset fineliner and Sukara Gellyroll white.

4 comments:

CraftyC said...

Your card is gorgeous Kezzy. Love the die used and pretty papers. great tip to. Thanks for joining in with this weeks LOTV Challenge!
Clairexx

Daisychain said...

Thank you for joining us this week at LOTV with this gorgeous card. Brilliant flowers too! Hugs Christine x

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Kezzy, luv the colours you,ve used & your flowers are great xx

Unknown said...

Hi there Kezzy
I was just scanning through the LOTV entries & yours caught my eye - anyhow it looks like you've loads of potential & I really love this make - very well detailed & I thought your flowers were great - even the first attempt. You defo could have got away with saying they were suppost to have that 'shabby' look.
Great work hun,
Deb.x
http://craftrocks.blogspot.com