Tuesday 28 June 2011

Craft Barn Challenge

Hi, this weeks wishing well challenge has been embossing paste.  I have followed The Craft Barn for over a year before I had a blog and was always inspired by there website.  They have a wishing well where you can comment on how you would like to see how to use a product, if your picked you get a little treat, then the design team show you how they use the product and at the end there is a challenge where you can win some goodies or a voucher.  Also there blog is even better as the design team now have products of the week where they show you ideas i.e last week was grunge paper and this week is tando masks and on a Saturday they have a clean and simple day where the DT shows you some ideas for clean and simple using the product of the week.  If you would like to see a fab blog nip on over to The Craft Barn for great inspiration and challenges.

I have always been a bit scared to enter as they are some fantastic designers out there and I have been a little I'm not good enough to do it!!! But I have learned by some great bloggers that follow on WOYWW that you don't have to feel threatened we are all learning.

Ok I'm not sure if I can properly enter (which runs out in 20 mins!!!) as at the last minute today I decided to enter and I nipped to Heaps in my town that sell art bits and managed to get Texture Paste and I think you were supposed to use Dreamweavers.
I used Chris's technique of texture paste through sequin waste on the flowers and background.  I have titled it Texture as this chipboard is from a group that make up a book, which I have decided to do a Craft Barn techniques book so I can refer back to what I learn.  I'm afraid I haven't enough time to say what other bits I used but if you would like to know just give me a shout.

Thanks for sharing
Kezzy xxx

2 comments:

Von said...

Thanks for popping by my blog Kezzy , looks good through the sequin waste :)
Good luck with the challenge and hope you find time to join in some more :)
Von x

Anonymous said...

Hi Kezzy,
Glad you joined the challenge, your sample is beautiful .
Thanks for playing with us