Saturday 2 April 2011

Chocolate Galore

Before I start I better warn off anybody who has given up chocolate for lent!!!!  Hi to all, hope your have a brill weekend.  I am entering the following into reasonable ribbon challenge - punches and die cuts.  When I was little my mum used to day a fantastic spread for parties and there was always cheese and pinapple in a potatoe, and one time I asked if we could do chocolate and marshmellows!!!  It was a great success and from then on I have always tried to do something special for the kids at parties.  My friend asked if I could do her a chocolate tree, she had seen something with chocolate bars on sticks with loads of ribbons.......
I made a box at the bottom and filled it with oasis, then I decorated the outside with pink card, martha steward punch for the blue and then a butterfly and flower trim at bottom a closer look .........

I stuffed tissue paper around the edges and then cellotaped bars and packets of chocolate to sticks then added paper ribbon at the top.  I then made two butterflys with TH sizzix butterfly die cut, added to a stick with knotted ribbons down the stick, wire and beads for the umm errr eye things at top of butterfly (not sure what they are called lol lol), I made sure they were also backed as well so you couldn't see any wire etc.  Closer pic ..............
The party is today and I'm afraid I'm not going as I haven't got all the strength in my legs yet which supposingly happens and it will get better within 10 days.  So I wish Lacie Louise a mega happy birthday party for today she is 1.  Her actual birthday is next Tuesday so I'm determine to make it then.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
xxx

6 comments:

D K Crafts said...

Hi Kezzy. This is a gorgeous gift idea and who can't resist chocolate. Take Care. Donna

Alice said...

this is so fun and pretty! wonderful gift idea!!

Debs M said...

wow this is stunning x

peggy aplSEEDS said...

arghhhh! that's me, i'm not having chocolate this lent. well you did warn me!

Monika/Buzsy said...

This is fabulous! Love it! Sorry to hear you didn't make it to the party. Hope your leg is all better!

Bonnie Garby said...

Great project! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.